Sunday 31 May 2015

3 step Sunday pamper skincare cheat




So after a day climbing the Yorkshire 3 peaks, which is harder than I anticipated, I thought today was deservedly a home pamper day. My legs seem to be aching more than I can imagine and walking up and down stairs in an almost impossible task in my current state of achy-ness, but don't let me put you off I had a brilliant day!

So after a long bath with a more than suggested amount of muscle soak bubble bath in my skin, and my hair rid of the smell of the great outdoors I needed my skin to feel just as clean. And I think I've just found my go to quick Sunday pamper cheat for my skin, it feels so clean, hydrated and ready to face a new week with three products.

Step 1, the Origins Modern friction dermabrasion. I only use physical exfoliants in my skincare routine about once a week and a gentle chemical exfoliant throughout the rest of the week. I wanted to make sure all traced from yesterday, including sweat, sun cream and little nature bits were off my skin and mentally a exfoliant seemed to be the only thing to do the job. This one has more of a creamy consistency than other shall we say sand like products, so it doesn't feel harsh on my face. I massage it into dry skin first and then add a little bit of water to make it a creamy consistency to cleanse my face, and then remove using a face cloth. It is one of those products that feels like it has done some good and got all the gunk off. It is a little pricey, but it lasts ages and does wonders to my skin.

Next I use the Una Brennan pore purifying clay mask. A little goes a long way with this, so I put a thin layer across in face, avoiding the obvious eye area and watch it do its magic. I like that, as gross as it may sound, you can see where 'things' have come out of your pores, which with this you definitely can do. It also only takes 5 mins in comparison to my other masks which work in 10-15 minutes. Plus, it's cheaper than other high end clay face masks and I feel that it works just as well, if not better. A win win in my eyes.

Finally, Estee Lauder advanced night repair. It is day time but I don't plan on even leaving the house today so this can work its magic. This is one of those Items that I don't use everyday but when my skin is sensitive, needs a bit of hydration and calming down, this product does the job perfectly. I have been a little bit more generous today, but I walked 24 miles up three mountains yesterday, I deserve a treat.

4 hours later my skin already feels so much better off, but when I wake up in the morning it should feel oh so clean and refreshed to start the week again!


No comments:

Post a Comment