Monday 11 May 2015

Body Shop spring skincare haul



It has only been a couple of weeks since my last skincare haul, but with the change in weather, you've got to be prepared, or so I tell myself. The Body Shop always seem to have an excellent discount going on, this week they had an extra 30% off everything when I was out shopping the other day, so I had a little visit.


The Drop of Youth bouncy sleeping mask is a purchase made purely on the recommendation of Caroline Hirons. I'm pretty sure it is aimed at all skin types, but especially dry or dehydrated skin types, to restore the skin, appearing smooth and refreshed. I've tried this a couple of times on the back of my hand in store, it is such a strange consistency, almost like a memory foam pillow, but I caved and finally bought it. I don't really know what to expect from this, but I have high hopes for this when I have dehydrated skin.

The vitamin E facial mist has become a regular feature in my skincare routine over the past year. I have a bottle in my handbag which I use to spritz my face when I feel like my skin needs refreshing, and it is great for when my makeup needs a little boost too. I also use it when I've done my skincare routine early in an evening and I'm not going to bed til a few hours later as a quick pick-me-up. Just before bed I spritz my face to allow an extra layer of moisture before going to sleep. As you can tell, I'm slightly addicted to moisturising my face!

I'm not really a toner sort of person. I never really liked the idea of it being the step after cleansing in order to remove the final trance of make-up, as my cleanser should have done that. So as I've never really given them I try, I thought I might start. I got the Aloe calming toner as over the next couple of months I know my skin will act a little peculiar with the change in weather, so a calming product sounds great. Plus aloe is meant to be gentle and hydrating for your skin too. 

I also picked up two of my holy grail lip balms, the hemp lip conditioner. I literally don't go anywhere with out it it is that good. 

And, If you were a Body Shop Love your body member, which is well worth the £5 a year membership, you got a free gift if you spent over £25 which is pretty amazing!


Mango, Papaya and Shea are my favourite scent at The Body Shop, so free mango scented products are an absolute winner for me. The mango sorbet seems great for the summer, especially if you need to put clothes on after you've moisturised. Lip balm can never go wrong in my possession, and I've got no idea on how or what I'll use the oil for, so if you've got any ideas let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment