Thursday 21 May 2015

The Spring Edit: New additions to my spring wardrobe



With Spring finally feeling like it is on its way in the UK, it is time to inject a little bit more colour into my fairly monochrome wardrobe. It isn't that I don't like colour, I just haven't really seen anything colourful over the past couple of months that has caught my eye. And yes I've only just noticed the little orange theme going on!

The bag is the navy geo print tote handbag from River Island. It is one of those bags that can literally fit everything in, which I absolutely love, and I think it is something just a little bit different. It has just enough gold detailing through the metal styled handles and trim to balance out the geo panels on the front of the handbag. I'm not really a big fan of the 70s style this season, so this bag gives me just enough of it to keep my toe in the trend. 
Plus It can really bring a simple daytime outfit together, especially with the orange colour pop if I'm wearing black and white, to which there is a strong possibility. I've already had quite a few compliments already just in the past week of me using it. 

A scarf may not necessarily be straight on your spring hit list, but in the UK you never know what the weather is going to be like, especially in the north! So I find a light weight scarf is great to have at hand fir when it is a little bit chilly but not cold enough for a coat, or just to add an extra element to an outfit. This black and white scarf with a hint of colour from New Look is just enough and goes with most outfits.



I love sunglasses, to the extent that I can often be found wearing them in the middle of winter with my fur coat on. These brown tortoise shell cat eye sunglasses from River Island are an affordable way of transitioning from my harsh black sunglasses I often wear in the winter to a lighter colour more suitable for spring/summer. The cat eye frame also gives you that big glamorous Hollywood style sunglasses without taking over your face.

In the summer I do often find myself grabbing a small bag if I'm just popping to the shop or if I don't really need a full handbag, as much as I love to tote around a huge bag. So this little lemon zip around purse is great for the summer when you are using a small bag. There is enough space for you to fit your ID, a couple of cards and a little bit of cash, making sure there is ample room for everything else you need to fit in your bag.

This Orange plunge v neck camisole from Topshop is very simple, but the cut is great. It is simple, but I can wear this with jeans, shorts, most jackets go, it is great and can always be dressed up with a bit of jewellery and heels. I also have it in black too but the orange is a great pop of colour. 

I'm a great believer that jewellery can finish off any outfit. The orange and gold statement necklace from next looks great on a simple top to add a little bit of texture. The orange beads hang well and I love the contrast with the gold plate. They also work great with the chunky gold rings from Topshop. 

Simple jewellery also looks great in the spring, especially when you're having a casual look. I also love to layer this little pearl facet bracelet with my watch when I'm not really wearing any other jewellery or this interlinked heart necklace. They're both really simple but have that 'I've made a bit of an effort' look to them.




No comments:

Post a Comment